A Personal Training Program to Achieve Your Fitness GoalsIs this the winter that you will speed effortlessly down the slopes? Are you planning to complete your first triathlon next summer? A Personal Trainer with the right skills, medical training and Personal Training experience is essential to your success.
My name is Margaret Martin and I am a health care professional with over 25 years of experience helping clients achieve their health goals. I am a Registered Physiotherapist and a Personal Trainer - my professional designation is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS).
I have treated many clients like you at Function to Fitness, my Physiotherapy and Personal Training studio in Ottawa. Most of my clients are mature adults who either have a history of back or neck pain or joint restrictions. They know how easily their condition can “flare up” under the wrong guidance. They do not want to be one of the hundreds of people who get injured by the enthusiastic and over zealous “personal trainer” with the certification received after a weekend of training.
Personal Trainer & PhysiotherapistMy clients appreciate the fact that I am a Professional Personal Trainer and a Physiotherapist. As a Personal Trainer, I bring an understanding of fitness. As a Physiotherapist, I bring my medical training to the table. The combination of these two disciplines means that you have a trained medical professional and Personal Trainer who:
- Has a comprehensive understanding of sports conditioning to design and guide you through your exercise program.
- Ensures that you achieve your health and fitness goals in a medically sound fashion.
- Avoids those nasty “flare ups” that can sideline you and discourage you from starting again.
- Exercise programs for Osteoporosis
- Posture and body mechanics
- Physiotherapy injury recovery programs
- Group exercise
- Education classes (such as Stop the Stoop - an Osteoporosis Exercise and Education Seminar in Ottawa).
I am a member of the following professional organizations:
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA)
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
Benefits of a Professional Personal TrainerI believe that commitment to regular exercise is easier to do under professional support and guidance. Having someone at your side who can provide the correct direction and encouragement while keeping you moving forward (by avoiding injury) will dramatically affect whether you stick with your program or not.
Whether you’re looking to make your “day to day” activities feel easy or participate in your first road race, I believe that each person can reach the goals they set for themselves. The potential of the human body is amazing and can always be tapped whether your 14 or 94!
Your Personal Training Exercise ProgramYour program will include exercises that allow you to release, re-educate and re-build. My assessment will draw upon my experience as a medical professional and as a Personal Trainer and incorporate sound, safe exercises and activities - at a pace that will allow you to achieve your goals.
The program I design for your will:
- Address postural imbalances, increase muscle flexibility and improve the range of motion of the joint. Your program will correct or release the restrictions that you may have relating to your sport.
- I will re-educate your body to the most ideal posture and movement patterns within your newly acquired range of motion.
- I will provide sport-specific muscular strengthening and conditioning exercises to re-build and improve performance.
When is the Best Time to Start?Now!
The sooner you start a comprehensive exercise program, the sooner you will achieve your health and fitness goals. And, of course, you will feel better!