Archive for October, 2010
I am excited to announce to my fellow health care professionals the most affordable, convenient and environmentally friendly continuing education and professional development course for health professionals on safe and effective ways to prevent, treat and manage osteoporosis with your clients.
My MelioGuide Building Better Bones Level 1 course is now online. Before the availability of this online course, the only way for Physical Therapist, Physiotherapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Kinesiologists and other health professionals to access the Building Better Bones continuing education training program was to attend one of my two day workshops.
Over the past three years over 600 health professionals have successfully completed the Building Better Bones Level 1 workshop. Now with the full 15 hours of training online, this important osteoporosis professional development is available to health professionals around the world.
To learn more about the Building Better Bones Level 1 online course, please visit the BBB product page.
I have produced a new free course on how to do safe exercise and build better bones. It is called “Safe Exercise. Better Bones.” and it is available on my website MelioGuide.com. I encourage you to sign up. All I need is your email address so that I can send you five consecutive daily lessons.
Each of the lessons is presented in video format and most of the videos are a a few minutes in length. Again, there is no obligation or commitment when you take this course.
It is a great way to learn some very important concepts related to bone health that you can easily incorporate into your exercise routine and daily activities. Many of my clients have taken the course and the feedback is very positive. I anticipate that you will be surprised with some of the things I present during the course.
What will you learn?
During your free course I cover a number of important topics related to exercise and your bone health. Here is a sample of some of the topics:
- Stop the Stoop! - Steps you can take today to avoid developing a stooped, kyphotic posture commonly experienced by individuals with osteoporosis. I call this the Stop the Stoop program.
- Selecting the Right Exercises and Avoiding the Wrong Ones - Not all exercises (and movements) are safe for people with osteoporosis, osteopenia or low bone density. In fact, some can actually increase your risk of fracture. I describe what exercises and movements are safe and effective for you – and what exercises are unsafe and should be avoided.
- Major Components of a Comprehensive Osteoporosis Exercise Program - What are the major components of a safe and effective exercise program for people with osteoporosis? I answer that question and explain why all components are important.
- Key Principles of a Bone Building Strength Program - You probably have been told that strength training is important for bone building – and it is. Unfortunately, I find that many of the new clients I meet have not been educated on the key foundational principles of a strength training program for bone building. I cover these for you.
Plus you will get to meet several people who have successfully followed the MelioGuide Exercise for Better Bones Program and hear what they have to say.
Sign up today! Hope to see you online.
My MelioGuide Exercise for Better Bones Program is now available. If you are looking for a safe and effective exercise program for osteoporosis prevention, treatment and management, this is it. The Exercise for Better Bones Program is the most cost effective and easily accessible way to strengthen your bones, reduce your fracture risk, improve your balance and build your confidence.
When you order the MelioGuide Exercise for Better Bones Program you are assigned an osteoporosis exercise program appropriate for your fracture risk and activity level.
You will receive the 200+ page printed Guide that includes all of the exercises, a detailed 12 week exercise schedule, online tutorials on what is happening to you bones and how to care for them, video demonstrations of all of the exercises, plus more. You will have six months of online access to the video content.
And all of this is available for $79.95. There is no charge for the shipping and handling of the printed Guide.
To learn more about the Exercise for Better Bones Program, visit our product page.
Do you want to know … the best type of exercises for building stronger bones? Which Yoga and Pilates poses are unsafe? How your improved posture will make you look 10 years younger?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to attend Stop the Stoop – my Osteoporosis Exercise and Education Seminar.
My next seminar has been scheduled and will take place at NutriChem Pharmacy Clinic. The date and time:
- Monday, October 25th, 2010, 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM
The charge for the Seminar is $30 + HST and attendance is limited to ten students per session – so sign up today by calling 613-721-3669.
More information is available on my Events page. Hope to see you there.